Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gigglebellies fun-filled birthday

Jayden turned the big ONE on August 30th. Has it really been a year? I know, I still can't believe it. It feels as if he was just born yesterday, and within a few blink of the eyes, he's all grown up! He had such a fun birthday party. I initially wanted to have the party indoors because I was planning to go ALL OUT, ka-bam Faaancy for his birthday party but his dad wanted something more casual so we ended up having the party at a park, which was also very great.




























We had such a great time celebrating. We are truly blessed to have such a handsome and healthy little boy; and being surrounded by family and friends really made this day special. Lastly, I just wanted to share with you guys how AHHH-MAZING his birthday cake was! We got so many compliments and so many questions on where the cake was from. I'd be happy to tell you all :)
I met up with the very sweet Lauren from the Sweet Retreat bakery here in the twin cities (MN) and we talked about all the different sizes, shapes, flavors etc. I had envisioned the perfect cake in my mind. Well first of all, I should have mentioned Jayden loves the Gigglebellies. He loves all their songs but his favorite one is "All the little raindrops", which I had played for him (my belly) throughout my pregnancy. Gigglebellies have many wonderful characters but his favorite is Wally (the koala) who is the "main" character in "All the little raindrops". The biggest smile forms across his face when Wally comes out in the beginning of the video. Moments like those you can never get enough of as a parent ^_^
So back to the cake. I went over all the details with Lauren on how I had envisioned the cake. On the day I went to pick it up, I was in complete "awe". It was perfect. So perfect that it was as if they had taken a picture of the mental image I had in my head. Wally was in complete details; perfectly made. The rest of the details on the cake was also exactly how I wanted it to be, probably even better. I seriously did not want to cut it and eat it. But I would have missed out on how delicious it was! Sweet Retreat has a variety of flavors to choose from, and believe me, I'm an indecisive person, so when I'm given so many choices to choose from, I can take foreverrrr. I actually had to apologize a few times when it came to picking a flavor. I did pick one in the end and was completely satisfied with my decision (so was all the guests). I went with the White chocolate raspberry flavor, which was endlessly delicious. I also ordered two-dozen mini cupcakes and topped them with cupcake toppers from the Gigglebellies DIY birthday kits.

You can check out the links to the Gigglebellies and the Sweet Retreat Cupcake Boutique below:
The Gigglebellies
Sweet Retreat Cupcake Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment