Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Review: Not Lipstick nor Lip Gloss?

It's the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream!
It's not entirely "new" but it's pretty new to me (about 2 months) so I'm still excited about it. I want them ALL :) It's like a lipstick cream.
It comes in a tube and doe-foot applicator like lip glosses do, but inside is not gloss, it's a colored cream, so soft and glide so smooth, kind of like whip cream.
When first applied, it will look silky but it dries into a nice matte finish.
One tip I would like to share with you: Before applying, you should moisten your lips with chapstick or something first. I find that without the moisture on your lips, when the cream dries into a matte finish, the lips feel tightened and can look too dry. If you want a glossy finish, you can apply a lip gloss over the lip cream after it dries. I like the matted finish so I don't apply gloss.

I wore the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam (a rich red color) on my wedding day, and it last ALL NIGHT! No joke. It was about Noon when I applied it and since I had no pockets or purse on me, I left it behind with my luggage. Through the day full of drinks, food and games, the color was still there by the time I hit the sheets about midnight. It did need to be touched up a bit but it wasn't totally bad or noticeable unless you are up close to the face.


FYI, these are not my lips.
The have 11 different colors! Right now I only have 4 (Amsterdam, Addis Ababa, Abu Dhabi, Milan) but I plan on collecting them all ^_^
Another plus, it's affordable! They are $5.99 each. You can purchase these I believe any where that NYX is sold. I bought mine from Ulta.

Overall, I highly recommend this product. I did admit in my earlier blogging days that I'm not much of a lipstick/lip gloss type of girl, and somehow here I am, recommending a lip product, so that means that it's REALLY THAT GREAT! lol! :)


Let me know how you like it!


It's 2AM now, I shall get some beauty sleep. Good night beautiful bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried these!! BUT thanks for doing this post because now I'm definitely going to have to check it out!!! It looks great!! and you look absolutely beautiful!!! :) I am now on a hunt for these!!! Thanks love for this review!! :D

    As for the Revlon lip butter, I don't know if it's because I live in Canada but these babies are hard to find. I haven't found any of the other colours I wanted to try :( but I guess I'll keep searching!

    && for VS bombshell is a perfume. At least the one I have is, I think they carry the body mist. It smells sooo good! Very Sexy is a nice scent as well, I use to use it too :)

    I loveeee your post by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart your head piece! i know it has nothing to do with the lip creams, but just had to mention it! ;D

    ReplyDelete